Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A weekend away

Last weekend I was fortunate enough to leave my munchkins at home with my folks and head to Hobart! Gotta love time away from the kiddies! Thankfully it was a lovely sunny day on Saturday which meant a few hours at Salamanca Markets! I dont get to go very often and havent been for a couple of years, so it was great to be able to see who is there now! And even better, I managed to catch up with a couple of artisans I know.

Narelle from Ruby Victoria Letterpress was there with her lovely stationery. Made using a vintage letterpress and handcarved linocuts, her work is simple and catching. I also discovered she has just written a book! Here is a preview!


Click to preview book
In Print Letterpress and Linocut Printing


I also discovered a new shop - the Letterbox Emporium (on Macquarie Street). here on Facebook Im told it is normally a stationery shop, but for part of the year it is converted into a xmas shop, gorgeous goodies to buy and look at.....have to admit I did make some purchases! Check out these lovely cardboard frames that were there - would look lovely on a feature wall...


lalaland shop

For now it is time to dream of a summery Christmas. Wishing you all a lovely break with your family where in-laws behave, children dont cry over the present Santa didnt bring, and no-one sits on the Christmas cake on the way to that special lunch! Thanks for your support this year xxx

Pinned Image
inhabitat.com



No comments:

Post a Comment