Wednesday, August 3, 2011

ABC, 123 and some others too

Almost a year ago I was lucky enough to acquire a small collection of vintage Printer's letters, and on my recent Hobart trip I took a detour to the same antique shop to buy some more. I've been using them on canvases (paint still evident on some)  but unsure what else I could use them for. However, I LOVE them regardless of whether I would use them alot or not - the skill and craftsmanship that was needed to make such a piece of art is exceptional.

Would you believe that the ''&" symbol cost almost as much as buying 4 small letters! I couldnt think what I would use a "Q"for, but its shape spoke to me. I need to find a place to display them where they can be accessed for stroking - the wood is gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment